Andrew Stanton (born December 3, 1965) is a director, screenwriter, producer, and occasional voice actor. He has been instrumental in the success of many Pixar films, including Finding Nemo, WALL•E, and Finding Dory. Also, he is known for directing the 2012 Disney epic sci-fi adventure action movie John Carter.
Stanton joined Pixar in January 1990, and was the second animator (John Lasseter being the first) and ninth overall employee hired at the studio. His first duties were working on television commercials. With John Lasseter, Pete Docter and Joe Ranft, Stanton rounded out the original Brain Trust and helped develop the idea for Pixar's first full-length animated movie, Toy Story, which he received an Academy Award nomination for. Since then, he has directed Finding Nemo and WALL•E – winning Academy Awards for Best Animated Feature on both films – and was co-director on A Bug's Life. Outside of Pixar he has directed John Carter.
He has also performed the voices of Emperor Zurg in Toy Story 2, Crush and the Seagulls in Finding Nemo, and Fred in Cars. He and John Lasseter have cameo voices in A Bug's Life as two flies. He also voiced Hamm in the opening of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins and Hopper in the A Bug's Life Video Game and It's Tough to Be a Bug!.
- Toy Story (1995): original story, screenplay, character designer, story artist, and voice of Commercial Chorus
- A Bug's Life (1998): co-director, original story, screenplay, story artist, and voice of Bug Zapper Bug #2
- Toy Story 2 (1999): original story, screenplay, and voice of Emperor Zurg
- Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (2000): voice of Hamm (1 episode)
- Monsters, Inc. (2001): screenplay and executive producer
- Finding Nemo (2003): director, original story, screenplay, and voices of Crush and Additional Voices
- Exploring the Reef (2003): executive producer
- The Incredibles (2004): additional voices
- Cars (2006): voice of Fred
- Ratatouille (2007): executive producer
- Presto (2008): executive producer
- WALL•E (2008): director, original story, screenplay, and voice of Axiom Passenger #1
- BURN-E (2008): story and executive producer
- Partly Cloudy (2009): executive producer
- Up (2009): executive producer
- Toy Story 3 (2010): original story
- Brave (2012): executive producer
- Monsters University (2013): executive producer
- Toy Story of Terror! (2013): executive producer
- Inside Out (2015): executive producer
- The Good Dinosaur (2015): executive producer
- Piper (2016): executive producer
- Finding Dory (2016): director, original story, screenplay, and voices of Crush and Additional Voices
- Marine Life Interviews (2016): original story and writer
- Purl (2018): story trust
- Toy Story 4 (2019): original story, screenplay, and executive producer
- Paik, Karen (2007). To Infinity and Beyond! The Story of Pixar Animation Studios. San Francisco, CA: Chronicle Books LLC.