Several allusions to Apple and its products have appeared throughout Pixar films.
References in Pixar Films
- The back cover of the magazine Mike Wazowski receives near the end of the movie presents an advertisement for a computer that parodies Apple in a monster style. Its tagline “Think Different” is changed to “Scare Different”.
- One of the Piston Cup racers, named Mac iCar, has Apple for sponsor. His racing number is 84, in reference to the year Apple released the Macintosh personal computer.
- In his truck, WALL•E watches Hello, Dolly! on an old iPod.
- The sound that is heard when WALL•E's power is regenerated is the same as the sound heard when an old Apple computer is turned on.
- Apple's MacInTalk software was used to voice AUTO.
- EVE's design is extremely similar to the one of Apple's products. She was designed with the help of Apple’s major designer Jonathan Ive.
The computer shown in the end credits bears an uncanny resemblance to an Apple computer.
- The computer Woody and Bonnie's toys use is an iMac, and they are seen using Apple's web browser Safari.
- Andy has an iTunes window open on his laptop.
- One of the lord's name is Macintosh, which is also the name of Apple's series of computers. However, Macintosh is the name of a real Scottish clan, and it remains unconfirmed whether it was an allusion to Apple or not.