Bud Luckey (July 28, 1934 - February 24, 2018) was an animator, director, writer, and voice actor. He died on February 24, 2018 after an extended illness.
Luckey began his career with Pixar as the 5th animator in 1992. He wrote, directed, and performed all the voices in the short film Boundin'. Luckey also did the voice of Rick Dicker in The Incredibles and Jack-Jack Attack, as well as Chuckles the Clown in Toy Story 3 and Toy Story Toons. Luckey was born in 1934 in Billings, Montana.
Before coming to Pixar, Luckey created many cartoons for Sesame Street.
- Toy Story (1995): animator, character designer, and story artist
- A Bug's Life (1998): additional character designer, story artist, and sketch artist
- Toy Story 2 (1999): character designer for new characters and story artist
- Monsters, Inc. (2001): character designer, story artist, and visual development
- Boundin' (2004): director, writer, voice of narrator, composer, and production designer
- The Incredibles (2004): voice of Rick Dicker
- Jack-Jack Attack (2005): voice of Rick Dicker
- Cars (2006): character designer, additional storyboarding, and conceptual artist
- Mater and the Ghostlight (2006): title card designer
- Lifted (2007): character designer
- Ratatouille (2007): additional visual development and storyboard artist (uncredited)
- Toy Story 3 (2010): voice of Chuckles and storyboard artist
- Toy Story Toons (2011): voice of Chuckles (1 episode)
- Incredibles 2 (2018): in memory of
- ↑ Bud Luckey - Animator, Director (Boundin'), Character Designer (Designer of Toy Story's, Woody) Passes Away at Age 83, Pixar Post, TJ Wolsos, February 26, 2018.
- ↑ Bud Luckey, Oscar-Nominated Animator Who Designed Woody for 'Toy Story,' Dies at 83, Hollywood Reporter, Rhett Bartlett, February 25, 2018.