|<<||Finding Dory||Pixar Films Chronology||Coco||>>|
Cars 3 is an upcoming Pixar film, and the second sequel to the 2006 film Cars, scheduled to be released on June 16, 2017. At the Disney stockholder meeting on March 18, 2014, Disney CEO Bob Iger announced that Pixar had begun pre-production on Cars 3.
It was previously assumed that Pixar would order a third film in the Cars franchise after the box office and merchandising success of Cars 2. On August 17, 2013, voice actor Michael Wallis told radio audiences that Cars 3 would take place on California's Route 99. In October 2014, John Lasseter revealed at the Tokyo International Film Festival that the film will feature a tribute to Hayao Miyazaki's film The Castle of Cagliostro in a form of an old Citroën 2CV.
At the 2015 São Paulo Disney Expo, it was hinted that the film would be released in Brazil in 2018. In an interview John Lasseter did with Autoweek on the occasion of Pixar's 2015 bi-annual Motorama car show, he gave a potential release date of summer 2018.
The rest of the Radiator Springs gang and Mater are likely to appear.
- ↑ Daniel Gerson, Writer of 'Cars 3,' 'Monsters, Inc.' Dies At 49
- ↑ Disney Announces Release Dates for 'Incredibles 2,' 'Cars 3'
- ↑ Disney Plans Third 'Cars,' 'The Incredibles 2'
- ↑ Incredibles Animated Sequel
- ↑ Michael Wallis confirms there will be a "Cars 3"
- ↑ John Lasseter Hails Hayao Miyazaki, Japan and the Joy of Juxtaposition
- ↑ 'Cars 3' and 'Incredibles 2' Slated For 2018 and 2019 Release Dates?
- ↑ Pixar Motorama is the Coolest Car Show You've Never Heard Of
- ↑ Owen Wilson: "Men trust the chicks" (in Italian)