Cars Land is a new land at Disney California Adventure Park, that opened on June 15, 2012. Cars Land is one of the last pieces of the $1 billion expansion of California Adventure developed since 2007. John Lasseter, Principal Creative Advisor of Walt Disney Imagineering, is overseeing the project.
Cars Land features new dining and shopping venues as well as new attractions. One is a major "E-ticket" attraction called Radiator Springs Racers, which features the third-generation Test Track technology, an attraction located at Epcot in Walt Disney World. Two other family attractions were built; Luigi's Flying Tires and Tow Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. Luigi's Flying Tires is a ride system similar to the old Disneyland Flying Saucers attraction.
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
Luigi's Flying Tires
"Float on air as you slide and glide on the world's first and finest flying tire!"
On February 17, 2015, the ride was closed down and replaced by "Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters," which opened on March 7, 2016. Instead of floating tires, guests ride in one of twenty miniature roadsters, each representing one of Luigi's cousins, which together perform a dance on a dance floor.
"Got the need for speed? Gear up and go ka-chow! Only one car will win this race!"
The entrance to the line for the ride is to the right of the Courthouse. While waiting in line, guests pass through the oldest part of Radiator Springs: Stanley's Oasis. After waiting in line, guests board a six-passenger convertible car, which takes them through Ornament Valley. They pass the waterfall near the Wheel Well and enter a darkened tunnel. In the tunnel, Minny is heard saying, "Van, are we lost again?" After that, the vehicle swerves around Mack, Van, and Minny and crosses train tracks right before a train comes. Next, guests will meet Sheriff, who appears as if he is going to give a ticket, but he really is welcoming the guests to the big race, and he tells them to follow Mater into town. Mater then shows up and takes the guests to the race, but before doing so, he takes them tractor tipping. However, Frank wakes up and chases Mater and the guests into Radiator Springs. After passing by Sarge, Fillmore, Lizzie, and Red, Sally and Lightning welcome the guests to the race and invite them into either Luigi's Casa Della Tires for new tires or Ramone's House of Body Art for a new paint job. After that, the guests meet Doc, who tells them that he will be their crew chief for the race. The racers line up at the starting line and Luigi and Guido will start the race. The race goes outside, around the Radiator Cap mountain, around Willy's Butte to the finish line. The vehicles go into Tail Light Caverns where Lightning and Mater congratulate the guests.
"Chill out with a sup of my refreshing fuel, man. I've got a variety of all-natural, fruity flavors!"
"Pull in for a pit-stop and recharge with some fuel-efficient, cone-themed snacks!"
"Park in the shade, kick up your tires and grab some grub off the grill, baby!"
"This is the headquarters for genuine Radiator Springs gear! Outfit every member of your garage!"
"Hey gearhead! Stop in, fill up your trunk and go back to your garage with something to remember us by!
"Roll in and get hooked up with fresh coats, new tops and other tricked-out gear!"
Every day, characters from Cars roam the streets of Cars land which attracts crowds of guests itching to get a picture with a character. Some characters include:
Either Lightning McQueen or Tow Mater will be stationed in front of the Cozy Cone motel office to take pictures with while Red parks in the street right in front of the intersection to take pictures. DJ can be found (usually at night) hosting a dance party by playing music. Cast Members are also available to take pictures of your group with the Characters.
Since its opening day, three albums based on Cars Land were released.
The Music of Cars LandA limited edition soundtrack album called The Music of Cars Land was released when Cars Land opened.
- Route 66 (Chuck Berry)
- Welcome to Radiator Springs (Joe Louis Walker)
- Radiator Rock (Joe Louis Walker)
- Mambo italiano (Rosemary Clooney)
- Stop in the Name of Love" (The Supremes)
- Riding in My Car (Car Car Song) (Woody Guthrie)
- Low Rider (Espanol Fantasma Mix) (War)
- Junkyard Jamboree (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Big Bulldozer (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Tow Mater (The One You Want to Call) (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Mater's Square Dance (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Let's Go Driving (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Radiator Springs Racers: Attraction Ride Through
Season's Speedings from Cars LandSeason's Speedings from Cars Land was released on December 15, 2017 and features Christmas-themed songs sung by Mater and Luigi from their respective rides.
- Mater's Jingle Jamboree (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Radiator Rockin' Holiday (Larry the Cable Guy)
- The Gifts of Mater (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Tractors, Tractors, Tractors (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Christmas in Radiator Springs (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Season's Speedings from the Junkyard (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Joy to the Whirl (Tony Shalhoub)
- Jingle Bells di Luigi (Tony Shalhoub)
- Carol of the Horns (Tony Shalhoub)
- Jolly Joyous Santa Car (Tony Shalhoub)
- We Wish You Season's Speedings (Tony Shalhoub)
Happy Haul-O-Ween from Cars LandHappy Haul-O-Ween from Cars Land also features songs sung by Mater and Luigi, but this time, they are Halloween-themed. It came out on October 12, 2018.
- Graveyard Jambooree (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Mater Haul-O-Ween Square Dance (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Witchy Miss Lizzy Rock (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Purple People Eater (Purple Fender Bender) (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Welcome to Radiator Screams (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Monster Mash (Monster Truck Smash) (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Honkin' Haul-O-Ween (Tony Shalhoub)
- Luigi the Hero (Tony Shalhoub)
- Mambo Italiano (Haul-O-Ween Italiano) (Tony Shalhoub)
- Chop Top of Carsoli (Tony Shalhoub)
- Terror Antella (Tony Shalhoub)
In 2012, 5 die-casts of characters from Cars Land were released.
- Mater's Junkyard Jamboree (Baby Tractor)
- Blue Radiator Springs Racer
- Red Radiator Springs Racer
- Green Radiator Springs Racer
- Teal Radiator Springs Racer
In 2017, 5 more die-casts were released of Luigi's cousins:
- Luigi's Flying Tires had 6,714 air vents that blow over 1.86 million cubic feet of air per minute.
- In November each year since 2012, Cars Land gets decorated with Christmas decorations. Some decorations include a snow-car at the entrance, a Christmas tree made out of cones at the Cozy Cone Motel, a tree made of hubcaps out by the Courthouse, garland made of air filters, wreaths made of tires, snowflakes made of crescent wrenches, and even a new entrance sign. Also, around the land, the regular music loop is replaced with one that features car-themed Christmas songs to commemorate the season.
- The highest point in Ornament Valley stands at 125 feet, the Pinnacle.
- The idea of Cars Land began as early as 2007, as artists at Pixar started talking to Chip Foose regarding the idea creating a Cars-themed attraction.
Concepts and Construction
Cars Take Flight
Cars Take Flight is a competition where people make videos of themselves saying their favorite Lightning McQueen or Mater's lines from the Cars Toons episodes Air Mater and Moon Mater to win a vacation to Cars Land. The videos have to be under 30 seconds. The competition ended October 7, 2012.
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ DisneyParks Blog: First Look: Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters Rolling into Disney California Adventure Park
- ↑ DisneyParks Blog: Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters to Open March 7 at Disney California Adventure Park
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ ]
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ TakeFiveADay.com: "Disney California Adventures Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters + Diecasts"
- ↑  (15th Question)
- ↑ Live Facebook Chat with Jay Ward and Chip Foose, July 23, 2016.
- ↑ Cars Take Flight | Disney