Chuki is a minor character in Cars. She is a pink 2006 Microcaster Chickmonk. She is a TV news reporter for OEM news, a program on Japanese television.
"By day, Chuki is a reporter for OEM news, but by night she's the lead singer of the infamous rattle and roll band "Grid Lock." She has fans all over the world and has received several musical award nominations for her signature tire-squealing vocals."
She briefly appears in the movie as a Japanese news reporter discussing the whereabouts of the missing Lightning McQueen.
Chuki makes a cameo appearance in the background of Tokyo Mater reporting the news.
"Chuki the happiest car on the track comes to us from one of the fanciest restrooms in all Japan. She is lightweight and surprisingly fast. Chuki is a pretty pink little vehicle, spreading laughter and joy throughout the races."
In Cars 2, Chuki makes a brief cameo on one of the televisions while Team McQueen is driving through Tokyo. But she does, strangely, appear in Cars 2: The Video Game as a playable and unlockable character. She is lightweight and surprisingly fast. The in-game description of Chuki identifies her as the on-screen toilet assistant (above), though it is unknown if this is true for the film itself.
- The Car Finder game states that Chuki is a 2006 Microcaster Chickmonk. However, she is actually modeled after a hatchback Kei car (a small car class with up to 660cc engine and 64hp). She also seems to embody the "kawaii" (Japanese for "cute") design philosophy.
- According to her die-cast, Chuki's license plate says T610635.
- Original die-cast listings name her "Anime Chuki".
- Chuki is hot pink in Cars 2: The Video Game.
- Pixar Employee Sonoko Konishi Provides Cars 2 Voice
- "Car Finder" (supplementary material on Blu-ray Disc release of Cars). 2007. Blu-ray Disc. Walt Disney Home Entertainment, 2007.