Dan Scanlon is a director and storyboard artist at Pixar.
Scanlon attended the Columbus College of Art and Design in Columbus, Ohio, where he graduated with a BFA in 1998. Before coming to the studio, he was an animator for The Indescribable Nth and Joseph: King of Dreams. He served as a storyboard artist for The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea and 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure.
Scanlon began his career at Pixar on September 10, 2001. He was a story artist on Cars and Toy Story 3, and co-directed the short film Mater and the Ghostlight. In addition, he illustrated part one of The Unmentionables, a comic book written by his wife Michelle, and also wrote and directed the live action feature film Tracy. He directed his first and Pixar's 14th feature-length film, Monsters University, where he also performed the voice of the Improv Club Monster. He is currently the director of the 2020 film, Onward.
- Cars (2006): story artist, additional screenplay material, and additional voices
- Mater and the Ghostlight (2006): co-director and original storywriter
- Cars Toons (2008-2010): special thanks (3 episodes)
- Toy Story 3 (2010) story artist
- Cars 2 (2011) senior creative team
- Brave (2012): senior creative team
- Monsters University (2013): director, screenplay, story, senior creative team, and additional voices
- Party Central (2014): executive producer
- Inside Out (2015): senior creative team
- Coco (2017): senior creative team
- Incredibles 2 (2018): senior creative team
- Purl (2019): special thanks
- Toy Story 4 (2019): senior creative team
- Onward (2020): director, original story, screenplay, and additional voices
- Soul (2020): executive producer