Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
The James Bond film series is a series of films centred on the titular spy (also known as 007) created by Ian Fleming.
References in Pixar
- When the toys chase Al as he leaves his apartment for the airport, Mr. Potato Head throws his hat to leave the door open. This is a homage to the 1964 Bond film Goldfinger, in which villain Oddjob throws a bowler hat as a weapon.
- The Incredibile has an ejector seat, which Mr. Incredible uses to get a young Buddy out of the car. The ejector seat is a feature in most Bond vehicles.
- Mirage is inspired by femme fatales from the James Bond series, including Goldfinger villainess Pussy Galore, who like Mirage betrays her boss.
- Edna Mode was partially based on Q, the gadgets master from the James Bond series.
- Syndrome's base Nomanisan Island shares similarities with SPECTRE's volcano base in the 1967 Bond film You Only Live Twice: both have a hidden monorail network and a rocket hidden in a volcano.
- When Mr. Incredible approaches Syndrome's lair at night, it parodies the opening scenes of Goldfinger.
- When Dash is being chased by Syndome's guards, he runs across a bay with rock formations. Several of the formations resemble the island of Bond villain Francisco Scaramanga in the movie The Man with the Golden Gun.
- The trailer features the theme from On Her Majesty's Secret Service, but this theme is not used in the movie itself.
- Bond composer John Barry was originally considered to compose the score for The Incredibles; however, since Barry did not wish to duplicate the sound of his previous film scores, the assignment was instead given to Michael Giacchino.
- Finn McMissile's appearance is based on the Aston Martin DB5, which James Bond drove in Goldfinger. Some of Finn's gadgets are also similar to those of Bond's DB5.
- Finn's submarine mode is a homage to the 1977 Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me, in which Bond drives a Lotus Esprit which converts into a submarine.
- The fight between Rod "Torque" Redline and Grem & Acer is a homage to the fight in the opening credits of Casino Royale.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.