Unkrich came to Pixar on a temporary assignment during the development of Toy Story and he never left. He was the director of Toy Story 3, for which he won an Academy Award, a Golden Globe, a BAFTA, and a Saturn for Best Animated Feature. After Toy Story 3, Unkrich directed Coco, for which he won another Academy Award, another Golden Globe, another BAFTA, another Saturn, and an Annie Award for Best Animated Feature.
He is also a self-confessed fan of Apple Inc.. He often attends the Apple events which are held several times a year.
- Toy Story (1995): film editor
- A Bug's Life (1998): supervising film editor and voice of Ant #1
- Toy Story 2 (1999): co-director, film editor, additional story material, and voice of Red Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot
- Monsters, Inc. (2001): co-director, additional editor, and additional voice
- Finding Nemo (2003): co-director, supervising film editor, and additional voice
- Cars (2006): additional editor
- Toy Story 3 (2010): director, story, and additional voice
- Monsters University (2013): executive producer
- The Good Dinosaur (2015): executive producer
- Coco (2017): director, original story, film editor, and additional voice
- Toy Story 4 (2019): executive producer and additional editor
- Loop (2020): story trust
- Onward (2020): additional editor
- @leeunkrich - Official Twitter account
- Facebook - Lee's Facebook page
- YouTube - Lee's official YouTube
- Lee Unkrich Twitter Feed, January 19, 2019.