- "And if you need tires, stop by Luigi's Casa Della Tires, home of the leaning tower of tires."
- —Luigi introducing Van and Minny to his tire shop
As proprietor of the Casa Della Tires tire shop, he brings some Italian flair and passion to sleepy Radiator Springs. He is loud, loyal, emotional, and usually tries to broker a deal, he loves life and anything Italian. He has even built his own Leaning Tower of Tires. Whether one needs advice on a stylish set of tires, or just a friend to talk to, Luigi will never let a fellow vehicle down.
Luigi is completely crazy about racing and gets all starry-eyed over Italian Ferraris. In his view, no other racing car comes even close. When it comes to wheels, he knows Ferraris are the real deal.
"Luigi runs the local tire shop in Radiator Springs, Luigi's Casa Della Tires. If you're gonna be driving through this world, why not look good doing it? That's Luigi's motto. Cars may not get to choose their body type, but they all have a choice when it comes to the tires they wear. Luigi offers the finest selection of tires west of the Mississippi, and Luigi's Casa Della Tires is known far and wide for its impeccable service, competitive prices, and of course, its very stylish proprietor."
Luigi is a huge fan of Ferrari Racing and is so happy when Ferrari Racer Michael Schumacher shows up at his shop wanting tires in the end.
"Radiator Springs resident Luigi is a big-hearted, gregarious and excitable Italian Fiat 500. A tire virtuoso and owner of Luigi's Casa Della Tires, he and his sidekick Guido join along with Lightning and Mater as members of Team Lightning McQueen for the World Grand Prix. Luigi is also an aficionado and fanatic for all things Italian, and is particularly enchanted with Ferrari race cars. When the competition takes the team to Porto Corsa, Italy, Luigi is over the moon to introduce the Radiator Springs crew to his and Guido's charming nearby home village of Carsoli and the wonderful ways of Italy. His family welcomes the gang in a big, passionate Italian way: Amore!"
Mater and the Ghostlight
Luigi appears, along with the other residents of Radiator Springs, in the short, Mater and the Ghostlight.
Radiator Springs 500½
In The Radiator Springs 500½, He is half painted a Honeydew Green, and only has a few lines.
- A yellow car driving by the dentist's office window in Finding Nemo is a reference to Luigi. Finding Nemo was released three years before Cars while the latter was still in production.
- In the teaser for the first film, Luigi serves as the car waving the checkered flag in the race.
- Luigi is a 1959 Fiat 500.
- His license plate is 44.5-10.8, the latitude and longitude of the biggest Ferrari factory.
- Several cars of the same model appear when they visit Porto Corsa and Carsoli.
- Luigi, like Ramone, often refers to himself in third person.
- Luigi is the same nationality as Tony Shalhoub's past role of Antonio on Wings.
- In the Italian version of the first film, Luigi was voiced by comedian Marco Della Noce.
- Luigi was used in the Space Kidnappers game on Novel Games on January 1 2018.
- Luigi was based on the car featured in the 1979 film ''The Castle of Cagliostro", which was the directorial debut of Hayao Miyazaki.
- "On your marks, get set, uno for the money, due for the show, tres to get ready, and cuatro to... I can't believe it. Go!"
- —Luigi starts the race between Lightning and Doc.