Max Schnell started as a humble production sedan from Stuttgart, Germany. An avid amateur racer, Max would practice alone in the back roads of the dense Black Forest—a trek that eventually caught the eye of a racing team owner. Soon Max was on a professional circuit, bearing the #4, and as his horsepower increased, he converted himself to carbon fiber, dropping his weight and getting into prime racing shape. He’s won more races at Motorheimring than any other World Torque Champion League car in history. A naturally brilliant engineer, he used logic and analytics to refine his build, and plans to approach the World Grand Prix in the same perfectly calculated manner.
Like all World Grand Prix racers, Max Schnell participated to all three races of the competition, as well as to the Radiator Springs Grand Prix. He was first seen at the party in Tokyo, with the other racers. In Tokyo, Max went up to the third position on the dirt section, but started falling behind afterwards. Near the end of the race, he was the third race car to be nearly destroyed by the Lemons' camera. In Porto Corsa, during the huge crash, he tries to brake before the pile-up, but fails and violently collides into Miguel Camino and Shu Todoroki. Soon afterward, Raoul ÇaRoule and Rip Clutchgoneski crash into them. However, he apparently got fixed, and raced in London, and then appeared at the Radiator Springs Grand Prix.
- Top Speed: 160 mph
- Zero – 60 mph: 3.8 seconds
- Engine Type: 4.0-liter V-8
- Horsepower: 470
thumb|right|300px|Max Schnell voiced by Sebastian Vettel in the German version of Cars 2 In the German version of Cars 2, Max Schnell is renamed Sebastian Schnell, and voiced by Sebastian Vettel. He replaces Jeff Gorvette, and becomes the racer that, along with Lewis Hamilton, meets Lightning McQueen at the World Grand Prix welcome party. 
This is part of a localization of Cars 2 in six countries.
- Max's name comes from the German "mach schnell", which translates as "hurry up".
- Max Schnell has on his hood the inscrption "WTCL", which represents the name of his racing league, the World Torque Champion League. It is an allusion to the WTCC, the World Touring Car Championship. However, Max's design apparents him to the DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters), another type of touring car racing.
- Max's pit stop crew chief is an Audi TT named Otto Bonn.
- On Max's tires reads "TRU-TREAD - Traction A Temperature A - P215/65R15 89H", a recurring inscription on the tires of many characters of Cars 2.
- Max Schnell's body was reused for Vitaly Petrov, Frosty, Memo Rojas Jr., Flash, and Long Ge.
- Although silent in the original verison of Cars 2, Max speaks in Cars 2: The Video Game.
- Max Schnell resembles the BMW M3 GTR.