The Mutant Toys (sometimes called Sid's Toys) are supporting characters who appear in the first Toy Story. They are built by Sid from several mixed pieces of toys that belong to him and Hannah. They all live in Sid's house.
When Woody and Buzz Lightyear first encountered them, the two thought they were cannibals who were going to eat them, especially when they blocked the escape route for the duo. Holding Buzz as a hostage, Woody makes Buzz karate chop to scare them away as they escape. However, when the mutant toys later reattached Buzz's arm and the heads of Hannah's Janie doll and Sid's Pterodactyl back onto their bodies, Woody was stunned to see that they were not cannibals as he and Buzz had initially thought they were. After Sid took Buzz (whom he had strapped his new rocket to) outside to be blown up, the mutant toys agreed to participate Woody's plan rescue Buzz from Sid's clutches while also seeing this as their own chance to get revenge on Sid. Working together, they first drove Sid's dog Scud, who was positioned outside Sid's room, away and out onto the front porch so the toys could safely escape into Sid's backyard. Once outside, they moved into their final positions, from where they emerged out, surrounding Sid, as Woody told him how much they don't like the way Sid was treating them (being blown up, smashed, or ripped apart) and that they would find out if Sid didn't take good care of his toys because "we toys can see everything." After Woody scared Sid away with his own voice, "So play nice," and caused him to retreat in fear of his own toys (considering everything he had done to all of them), they all rejoiced victoriously. When rushing to try and reach the Davis's van before they moved out, Woody assures them that they'll keep touch.
List of toys
Other toys abused by Sid (seen coming back to life in his back yard) are a Charred Doll, a Red Pickup Truck, a Squeeze Toy Alien, and two broken Combat Carls: an armless soldier with a nail in his head and a headless soldier with a broken leg, a headless teddy bear, a doll named "janie" and a pterodactyl toy, and two headless dolls referred to by Buzz as "Marie Antoinette and her little sister".
- It was hinted that Mutant Toys were blocked the exit for the two new arrivals on account that Buzz and Woody risked encountering and getting torn apart by Scud who was just outside of Sid's room.
- In Episode 1 of the Woody's Big Escape game on Disney's official site, two of the mutant toys (Babyface and Ducky) were apparently renamed to "Spider Baby" and "Duck Man" for unknown reasons. Roller Bob and the wind-up frog are the only names unchanged, despite the fact that Woody says Ducky's name in the film.
- The mutant toys had appeared in Andy's room in a number of shorts in Toy Story Treats; however, it was not considered to be canon since they belonged to Sid, as Woody, Buzz and the other toys had already moved to their new home with Andy.
- In Toy Story 3: The Video Game, there is a card of these toys.
- None of these toys can verbally speak, and they have no dialogue. Though, Ducky can make duck sounds.
- This is likely cut to save time during production due to the budget and limitations of computer-generated animations back in the 1990s.