The Loop (Movies)
Do you like this video?
Cameos, in-jokes, re-used animation and other trivia from Onward.
- The picture on Ian's calendar is the Will O' the Wisps forest from Brave. The "Brave Wilderness" location on his map is also named after the film.
- A mermaid resembling Riley Andersen from Inside Out appears on the film's poster.
- When Ian and Barley pay the tollbooth at the start of their quest, the Pizza Planet Truck (renamed "Pizza Realm" to fit with the film's theme) is at the second tollbooth from the left. A Pizza Realm sticker also appears on the cooler inside Guinevere.
- Inside the Manticore's Tavern, a Lucky 7 pennant and a shield featuring the Luxo Ball's pattern are part of the wall decor, a mini figurine of Pepita is on a shelf in the Fun Zone section, and The Tome of Truth plaque (next to the Phoenix Gem map) features the crest of Clan DunBroch.
- Two varieties of TripleDent Gum (with a more whimsical, stylized logo) appear on a shelf and by the register inside the gas station's mini-mart.
- A candy bar box on the mini-mart's counter is named "Park Avenue" after Pixar's street address: 1200 Park Avenue.
- The mini-mart's bathroom key is attached to a license plate reading "PA2-86S", with "PAS" being an initialism for Pixar Animation Studios and "2-86" signifying its founding date (February 1986).
- A Poultry Palace cup appears opposite the register on the mini-mart's counter.
- "We have an A113 in progress." is heard on Colt Bronco's radio before he runs out of the Lightfoots' house. This marks the very first time when A113 is played on audio, but not seen.
- A glove resembling the Infinity Gauntlet from Marvel is seen on Barley's vest and on a crane machine.
- Remy from Ratatouille is briefly seen as a chef in the Manticore's Tavern.
- A faun resembling Bonnie from Toy Story 3 and Toy Story 4 appears at the beginning of the movie.
- This is the first Pixar film of the 2020s, as well as the first released in March.
- Chris Pratt and Tom Holland previously worked together in films from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, notably portraying Peter Quill/Star-Lord and Peter Parker/Spider-Man in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame.
- This is the first Pixar film without any participation from John Lasseter, as he left the company at the end of 2018 leaving Pete Docter in charge.
- A spoof of Coca-Cola named "Cloak-a Cola" can be seen in the mini-mart, and the spoof of Mountain Dew named "Mountain Doom" can be seen when Ian trying to use levitate magic inside Guinevere.
- The Manticore's Tavern wait staff wears blue hats adorned with silver stars and crescent moons, similar to Mickey Mouse's sorcerer's hat from Disney's Fantasia (1940).
- This is the first Pixar film in 22 years with returning role appearance of original voice actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus, since her role as Princess Atta in A Bug's Life.
- This is the first Pixar film not to feature the credits "Disney Presents" and "A Pixar Animation Studios Film" in the opening sequence.
- The Lightfoot family’s home address is 313, in honor of Pixar legend Joe Ranft, who’s birthday is March 13, 1960.
- Quests of Yore is a parody of the famous roleplaying game, Dungeons and Dragons.
- Prance Prance Revolution is a parody of the music-based video game franchise, Dance Dance Revolution.
- The classic arcade game, Gauntlet was labeled above the crane machines.
- The "Loch Lake" location on the map was named after the Loch Ness Monster.
- Burger Shire is a reference to the real-life fast food chain Burger King and the Shire from The Lord of the Rings.
- A restaurant, The Sword in the Stone was named after the 1938 novel by T. H. White of the same name.
- "Satyrade" is a spoof of Gatorade.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.