The Loop (Movies)
Do you like this video?
Cameos, in-jokes, re-used animation and other trivia from Onward.
- The picture on Ian's calendar is the Will O' the Wisps forest from Brave.
- When Ian and Barley pay the tollbooth at the start of their quest, the Pizza Planet Truck is at the second tollbooth from the left. But the name of Pizza Planet is different in this movie, it was called "Pizza Realm".
- A Pizza Realm (Pizza Planet) sticker is on the cooler inside Guinevere.
- Inside the Manticore's Tavern, a Lucky 7 pennant and a shield featuring the Luxo Ball's pattern are part of the wall decor (they appear again after the Manticore's Tavern get redecorated in the end of the movie). A mini figurine of Pepita (Mama Imelda's alebrije from Coco), on a shelf in the fun zone section. The Tome of Truth with the crest of Clan DunBroch on the left of the Phoenix Gem Map.
- The Brave Wilderness was one of the locations on the map because it was named after the Pixar film, Brave.
- TripleDent Gum (with a more whimsical, stylized logo) appears on a shelf and near the cashier booth inside the gas station's mini-mart. In this movie, the TripleDent Gum have 2 flavors.
- There is a snack bar brand called "Park Avenue" near the cashier booth inside the gas station's mini-mart, which is the street where the studio is located in Emeryville, CA.
- A Poultry Palace cup on the cashier booth inside the gas station's mini-mart.
- "We have an A113 in progress." is heard on Colt Bronco's radio before he runs out of the Lightfoots' house.
- This is the first Pixar film to be released in March, as well as the first Pixar film to air in the 2020s.
- Chris Pratt and Tom Holland previously worked together in films from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, notably portraying Peter Quill/Star-Lord and Peter Parker/Spider-Man in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame.
- This is the first Pixar film without any participation from John Lasseter, as he left the company at the end of 2018 leaving Pete Docter in charge.
- A spoof of Coca-Cola named "Cloak-a Cola" can be seen in the mini-mart, and the spoof of Mountain Dew named "Mountain Doom" can be seen when Ian trying to use levitate magic inside Guinevere.
- This is the first Pixar film in 22 years with returning role appearance of original voice actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus, since her role as Princess Atta in A Bug's Life.
- This is the first Pixar film not to feature the credits "Disney Presents" and "A Pixar Animation Studios Film" in the opening sequence.
- The Lightfoot family’s home address is 313, in honor of Pixar legend Joe Ranft, who’s birthday is March 13, 1960.
- Quests of Yore is a parody of the famous roleplaying game, Dungeons and Dragons.
- Prance Prance Revolution is a parody of the music-based video game franchise, Dance Dance Revolution.
- The classic arcade game, Gauntlet was labeled above the crane machines.
- Burger Shire is a reference to Shire from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, It also reference to the real-life fastfood chain, Burger King.
- The restaurant, The Sword in the Stone was named after the 1963 Disney movie of an same name.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.