Porto Corsa appeared in Cars 2. It is where the second out of three races in the World Grand Prix is held. Porto Corsa is based on Monaco and the Monaco Grand Prix, with features taken from Porto Fino, Liguria, Italy.
The capital city of Italy is located on the Riviera of Italy, North East of Corsica on the coast of Italy. Built on a hilly terrain, it features arched bridges, partly paved roads, a boat-filled marina and a casino. Dubbed "the Gem of the Riviera", it is a popular destination of tourism and leisure for the wealthy, attracting exceptional cars and celebrities such as Fabrizio, or even the Pope.
The small village of Carsoli is located nearby Porto Corsa.
Porto Corsa was chosen to host the second race of the World Grand Prix. The track passes through the narrow and sinuous streets of the town and on several of its bridges.
Near the race, a massive crash involving most of the racers (except Carla Veloso and Nigel Gearsley who had already got shot out) occurred on the Casino bridge. Shu Todoroki was hit by the Lemons' pulse camera and spun out. Miguel Camino and Max Schnell, who were following closely, tried to brake but failed and crashed into Todoroki, forming a crash pile-up on the track. Raoul ÇaRoule and Rip Clutchgoneski came and crashed as well. Only Jeff Gorvette and Lewis Hamilton braked successfully in time and avoided crashing.
Lightning McQueen and Francesco Bernoulli were the only 2 racers remaining in the race and were in front of the crash and raced unhurt to the finish line. Lightning came 1st and Francesco came 2nd, but because all other racers crashed rapidly, the Italy race was a complete shocking disaster. Five ambulances race by Lightning and Francesco just as they see the live screen in surprised horror.
Buildings and Attractions
- Casino di Porto Corsa: one of the most prominent attractions of Porto Corsa, located on a rocky outcropping shaped like a 1948 Fiat 500 Topolino.
- Casino bridge: the biggest of the three bridges that connect the outcropping of the casino to the mainland.
- Porto Corsa Municipio: The town hall, a large building dominating the center of the town near the marina. It is adorned with the Fiat logo.
- Porto Corsa Marina: shaped like a hubcap.
- Carmani: Seller of luxury grills and other car ornaments.
- Cafe di Porto Corsa: An open air cafe near the casino, where Holley Shiftwell and Finn McMissile are stationed during Mater's infiltration.
- Fluido Enogastronomia: One of the restaurants on the same plaza as the casino.
- Café Frizione
- Moda Motore
Italic denotes/DNF means that the car was part of the big crash damage.
- To create the look of Porto Corsa in the Cars world, the designers combined the racetrack of Monaco with the terrain of the Amalfi Coast.
- Porto Corsa was inspired by the cities of Genoa, Vernazza, Positano, Monte Carlo and Portofino.
- The name is similar to Porto Cervo (Sardinia), another Italian city on the coast.
- Some houses in Porto Corsa have chimneys shaped like an exhaust pipe.
- A Cars 2 advertisement for Answer Seguros uses Porto Corsa as its setting.
- At the craps table in the Porto Corsa casino, the game is played with fuzzy dice, much like the kind one might find hanging from a car’s rearview mirror.