- Mike: "NOW PUT THAT THING BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM, OR SO HELP ME---! Oh, hey. We're rehearsing a - a scene for the upcoming company play called uh, Put That Thing Back Where It Came From Or So Help Me. It's a musical. Put that thing back where it came from or so help me..."
Sulley: "Bom, bom, bom, bom..."
Mike: "So help me! So help me! And cut. We're still working on it, it's a work in progress but, hey, we need ushers."
- —Mike Wazowski, explaining why he was yelling
"Put That Thing Back Where It Came From or So Help Me" was originally a fake play invented on the spot by Mike Wazowski as he and Sulley were attempting to return Boo, a human girl, back to her room and were nearly caught by other members of the company. It was later turned into a real play that was performed at Monsters, Inc.
Known cast members and their roles
- Mike Wazowski: Himself, Star, Writer, Director, Producer
- James P. Sullivan: Himself, Co-Star
- Celia Mae: Herself
- Bile: The Sushi Chef
- George Sanderson: Himself
- Needleman and Smitty: Randall and Fungus
- Baby Smitty: "Boo" the human child
- Ms. Nesbit: Piano
- CDA: Theater Ushers
- When Mike is explaining "Put That Thing Back Where It Came From or So Help Me", the lines, emotions, and animation from the credits and the actual film differ (read the quote at the top and then watch the beginning of the video).
- The yellow monster with 3 eyes who accidentally took a picture of Boo at the sushi restaurant is also present in the sushi restaurant scene of the play.