The Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots are minor characters in Toy Story 2.
Toy Story 2
They are two fighting robot toys (based off the real-life Marx Company toy) owned by Al McWhiggin and kept in his office at Al's Toy Barn. While Buzz Lightyear (who is really Utility Belt Buzz) and the rest of Andy's toys are searching Al's office for Woody, Slinky Dog encounters the robots and asks them if they've seen him (labeling Woody as a "cowboy doll with a bad arm" since his owner Andy ripped his right arm by mistake while playing). The blue robot named Blue Bomber politely tells him that they haven't seen Woody, but then the red one named Red Rocker starts to argue with him over who was being asked, and the two of them begin fighting, as Slinky watches in shock. The fight ends with the Blue Bomber defeating the Red Rocker (as shown by Red Rocker's head popping up), and Slinky nervously backs away. They are voiced by the film's directors John Lasseter (Blue Bomber) and Lee Unkrich (Red Rocker).
Toy Story 2
- Slinky: "Pardon me, gentlemen, but have either of you seen a cowboy doll with a bad arm?"
- Blue Bomber: "Why no, I haven't."
- Red Rocker: "Hey, he was talking to me!"
- Blue Bomber: "No, he was talking to ME!"
- Red Rocker: "Why, you! I'll..."
- ―The Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots arguing over whom Slinky Dog is asking[src]
72nd Academy Awards
- Woody: "WOW!! The Academy Awards. Hey, Buzz isn't this exciting?"
- Blue Bomber: "Back off!!"
- Red Rocker: "May I help you, Sir?"
- Woody: "HEY, HEY!! Watch the Badge!"
- ―The Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots as the 72nd Academy Awards[src]
- The same toy can be seen among Bob Parr's many mementos of his heroic days in The Incredibles.
- One of the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots has a partially missing ear, a reference to the notorious Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield match in which Tyson has bitten off a piece of Holyfield's ear.
- In the original script for Toy Story 2, Andy was originally supposed to have Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots, which his toys would watch for entertainment.
- In Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast, one of Zurg's robots is based off the Red Rocker, complete with extending head.