- See also: Sheriff Woody
- "Not in my town you don't."
- —Sheriff talking about Lightning McQueen speeding
"There's a long history of law enforcement in Sheriff's family. His father was a traffic cop. His aunt, his two cousins on his mother's side, his little brother...even his grandfather was a traffic cop, directing traffic at Times Square in New York around the turn of the century. Sheriff always knew he too would be a cop. After all, how many other options did he have with a name like Sheriff?" 
Sheriff is the local law enforcement and the keeper of the peace in Radiator Springs. He takes his job very seriously. Sheriff enjoys telling stories and taking the occasional nap behind the Radiator Springs billboard. That's where he was when Lightning McQueen first zoomed into town years ago, which led to a messy car chase that didn't end well. These days, Sheriff welcomes the hotshot racer Lightning home to Radiator Springs with all four tires.
Sheriff reappears in the second film, seeing Lightning and his race crew off to the World Grand Prix. When Mater goes missing, Sally mentions that Sheriff has Scotland Yard scouring London for Mater. During the climax of the film, Sheriff arrives along with the other Radiator Springs resident as new members of McQueen's pit crew in England, and is informed by Mater of the lemons cars' plot to kill McQueen in order to turn all vehicles in the world against alternate energy and rely on gasoline for profit. Sheriff also partakes in the final melee against the Lemon cars. Then, when everyone went back to Radiator Springs, Sheriff was the pace car for the Radiator Springs Grand Prix.
- Sheriff is a 1949 Mercury Police Cruiser, fitted with aftermarket "curb feelers" designed to help avoid scuffing his whitewall tires.
- If Sheriff is in London, he's out of his jurisdiction.
- His license plate reads 001, except in the video game, where it reads SHERIFF.
- Sheriff paraphrases a line used by actor Joe Higgins, who played a sheriff in early 1970s Dodge commercials, as "Boy, you're in a heap of trouble."
- ↑ "Cars Finder" (supplementary material on Blu Ray Disc release of Cars). 2007. Blu Ray Disc. Walt Disney Home Entertainment, 2007.
- ↑ Disney-Pixar ‘Cars 3’ Key Cast and Characters Roll Out