He has severe allergies in which makes him sneeze non-stop and even sneezes fire out of his exhaust.
"Snot Rod took his doctor's advice and headed west to find some clean, crisp mountain air to relieve his chronic allergies. On the way he met up with Boost, DJ, and Wingo. The highly modified car group set him as the gang's head of security and crowd control. He still has allergies and explosive sneezing attacks, but his ability to clear the road of pesky traffic is unmatched and much appreciated by his buddies who like the road all to themselves."
Snot Rod is a member of the tuner cars. He sneezes a lot and is the only one in the group who is an American car. Along with his tuner car group, he causes McQueen to fall out of his trailer. He is caught by Sheriff at the end of the film, along with the other tuners, and forced to fix the road with Bessie.
- Vehicle Type: Bragatron/Roadburner.
- Proud of his custom grille logo.
- Supercharged and fuel injected nitro burning funny car - hence the flames!
- Fastest and least predictable of the gang.
- Sneezes cause wide open throttle, instant acceleration and nitro fire from the headers (exhaust pipes).
- Snot Rod was supposedly in the unmade Cars Toons episode, Import Mater. This episode was later remade into Tokyo Mater, in which Snot Rod does not appear.
- Snot Rod appears as a playable character in Cars 2: The Video Game along with the rest of the gang.
- Snot Rod's license plate simply reads "SNOT ROD". Also, Snot Rod comes from Drag City, according to his license plate.
- Drag City, where he comes from, is a reference to drag racing.
- Snot Rod, as well as an impound and flame version of him, has been released to the Cars Die-Cast Line.
- His name is a play on the term "hot rod", typically cheaper cars with engines tuned up to match the performance of more expensive cars.
- "Car Finder" (supplementary material on Blu-ray Disc release of Cars). 2007. Blu-ray Disc. Walt Disney Home Entertainment, 2007.