The Loop (Movies)
Do you like this video?
Cameos, in-jokes, re-used animation, and other trivia from Soul.
- Several Easter eggs appear inside the Hall of Everything:
- The Pizza Planet Truck and Luxo, Jr.
- Charles F. Muntz's Spirit of Adventure from Up.
- The Marine Life Institute's rescue raft and life-size whale replica.
- Imagination Land's princess castle and the Golden Gate Bridge from Inside Out.
- A broccoli pizza from the film also appears in the Hall's bakery section.
- The Axiom from WALL-E.
- Willy's Butte from the Cars franchise.
- A lamppost with a street sign reading "A113."
- The carnival's ferris wheel from Toy Story 4.
- Two souls can be seen playing chess in the Jerrys' mentorship video, a nod to Geri's Game.
- A name tag reading "Joe Ranft" and the Luxo Ball appear inside 22's hideout.
- One of the tattoo artist's framed works features an enflamed skull, similar to the one in Coco's title design.
- The Chinese Food Box appears on the Hedge Fund Manager’s desk.
- Joe and 22 board a subway car numbered "2319," the CDA code from Monsters, Inc.
- An advertisement for Brang (Mr. Andersen's new company from Inside Out) appears in the subway.
- A poster on a travel agency's window reads "Visit Portorosso," a major location in Luca.
- This is the first Pixar film where John Ratzenberger is not credited. However, he still has an uncredited voice role.
|| "So, you’re the Screenslaver?"
Warning! This page contains spoilers about Soul
- This will be the first Pixar film to have a protagonist voiced by an African-American voice actor.
- Tina Fey collaborated with Amy Poehler, who voiced Joy in Inside Out, which was also directed by Pete Docter.
- Soul was intended for a theatrical release on June 19, 2020, which was later pushed to November 20 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The film's theatrical release was eventually cancelled in lieu of a Disney+ premiere on December 25.
- The COVID-19 pandemic also forced Pixar's animators to complete the film while working remotely. As a result, the "created and produced at Pixar Animation Studios" portion of the credits adds the line "...and in homes at least six feet away from each other throughout the Bay Area."
- This is also the first Pixar film to have its title come in at the end.
- During the approximately 5 years of development, the Soul story team delivered 73,811 storyboards
- PixarPost Twitter, December 8, 2020.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.