|“||The statue of Stanley marks the very spot where Radiator Springs was founded. As he was traveling west searching for a place to settle and make his fortune, Stanley stumbled upon a natural spring coming up from the earth. He stopped to fill his radiator and never left. Soon afterward Stanley met Lizzie, the love of his life, and together they founded Radiator Springs, which soon became a legendary resting spot for travelers making their way across Route 66.||”|
At the end of Cars 2, Mater passed the statue with his rockets, causing the statue to spin around, but it landed on its original spot.Time Travel Mater. This was the only time where Stanley had a role of being alive and having a voice.
Mater became a time machine and met Stanley in 1909. Stanley asked Mater if he would like a cap, but Mater said no, so Stanley went to go find more customers. Mater realizes that if he does that, there won't be a Radiator Springs!
When Mater came back with Lightning McQueen, he removed his cap and called Stanley that there was a car who needed a cap, so Stanley came and gave Lightning a cap. Some other cars came, asking for caps. Stanley gave those cars caps and offered them to drink at the spring. Mater told Stanley to built a town "right here at this radiator spring." Stanley decided to do that, and even name the town Radiator Springs.
In 1923, Lizzie comes and breaks down, so Mater gave her a tow. There, Lizzie seemed to be falling in love with Lightning, but she told Lightning to get out of the way, so that she could get to Stanley. Lightning introduced them to each other. Then Stanley helped Lizzie get a cap, but it was a wedding cap and she said " I Do".
A few years later, Lizzie and Stanley got married.
- A vehicle similar to Stanley is featured in the Pixar short "Boundin".
- Stanley resembles a steam car made by the Stanley Motor Carriage Company, the Stanley Steamer.
- Stanley is seen in a painting in the Radiator Springs Courthouse & Fire Department.
- Stanley is also seen in Heavy Metal Mater when Dex rolls out of the room; he is seen at the end of the hall.
- Stanley would have appeared alive in an unmade Mater's Tall Tales, Backwards to the Forwards.
- ↑ "Cars Finder" (supplementary material on Blu Ray Disc release of Cars). 2007. Blu Ray Disc. Walt Disney Home Entertainment, 2007.