Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Cameos, in-jokes, re-used animation, and other trivia from Turning Red.
- Sid's skull design appears on Miriam's skateboard, alongside stickers of Sox the Cat and the Star Command logo.
- A sign reading "Bao Restaurant" is visible when Mei hurriedly exits the cable car.
- The upside down Chinese sign from Bao is also visible in Mei's living room.
- The rabbit from Burrow appears as a sticker on Mei's notebook and again during the film's credits.
- A Purl keychain hangs on Mei's desk.
- Domee Shi had also done background voices in Purl.
- During the school escape scene, a sunglasses store called "Brooks Optical" is seen, which is a possible nod to tailoring & simulation supervisor Jacob Brooks.
- Packs of TripleDent Gum appear on the Daisy Mart's counter.
- Carter Murphy-Mayhew's shirt reads "Escápula," one of the talent show competitors from Coco.
- A skeletal model of Kevin from Up appears in a classroom where Ming spots Panda Mei.
- Papeles picados from Coco are hung from a building Panda Mei hurriedly passes.
- A Nemo sticker briefly appears on one of the bathroom stall doors.
- Some donut holes and balloons at Tyler's party are arranged in a "Hidden Mickey" formation.
- The Luxo Ball appears during the party, floating in Tyler's pool.
- The brand of the camera Mei and her friends used for their video is an "Elwood" camera, which is a nod to sets shading artist Luke Cutler Elwood.
- The Pizza Planet Truck is parked along the street as Mei runs to the concert.
- Pizza Planet boxes and advertisements respectively appear at Tyler's party and the SkyDome.
- A113 appears on "The Chalker" that Jin uses at the SkyDome, as well as the 4*Town tickets in the credits.
- The blue jay from Dug Days makes a cameo in front of the destroyed SkyDome.
- Turning Red released for all Disney+ subscribers on March 11th, 2022. Like its predecessors, Soul and Luca, the film was originally slated for a theatrical release.
- A Disney+ behind the scenes documentary entitled "Embrace The Panda: The Making of 'Turning Red" was released alongside the film.
- Some characters' eyes sparkle and dilate when they become excited or emotional, similar to the anime art style.
- Priya is first seen reading a vampire novel entitled Nightfall, a nod to the Twilight saga and the anime series Little Witch Academia.
- Mei refers to the temple's red panda statues as "Bart" and "Lisa", a reference to The Simpsons.
- While running to the 4*Town concert, Mei jumps in a similar manner to Makoto Konno in the official poster for the The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (2006).
- Donut boxes from Canadian coffee shop chain Tim Hortons are visible throughout the film.
- New Poster and Images From Pixar's Turning Red, January 14, 2022.